July 27th, 2010
So I participated in the first month of a monthly mixtape exchange, and while it’s probably too much effort for me to actually burn, decorate, and mail out physical mixes, I really liked the concept of it. Each mix will have a theme associated with it, and while I’m starting it off as a monthly list, I’m hoping to make it bi-weekly or weekly if my schedule allows. I’d love for other people to leave mixes in the comments, or if you have any questions about the artists, feel free to ask!
Without further ado, my (late) mix for June is a “Summer Fun” Themed mix.
1) Seu Jorge – Rebel Rebel
2) Common – Be
3) Lily Allen – LDN
4) Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince – Charlie Mack (1st out the limo)
5) Travelling Wilburys – Last Night
6) Dead Prez – Happiness
7) Dispatch – The General
8 ) Cab Calloway – The Scat Song
9) Billy Joel – It’s Still Rock And Roll to me
10) Notorious BIG Vs. Frank Sinatra – Interlude
11) Mighty Might Bosstones – Hat
12) Lady Soverign – The Battle
13) CSS – Let’s Make Love And Listen to Death From Above
14) Gumar and His Magical Midi Band – Track 7 (Radio Won’t Play My Jam)
15) Aqua – Heat Of The Night
16) Jurassic 5 – What’s Golden
17) Violent Femmes – Crazy
18) Blockhead – NYC Bounce
October 17th, 2009
I have been struggling to figure out why this happens almost every time I exit an application launched in Wine, and it’s so simple I could smack myself.
Without fail, I launch Wine, and my audio stops working in linux. Obnoxious, but not too bad. The real killer is that often after I quit whatever application I was running, my sound still doesn’t work.
…Turns out I hadn’t noticed pulseaudio was running when I started Wine, and not exiting when I quit. Since I use Alsa, it was causing problems (as it’s known to do) and a simple
killall pulseaudio at the command line, and I was back in working order. Guess that’s what I get for skimming my running processes when I look for the problem.